Wool, Oh How I Love You!




I just got my first wool soaker in the mail on Friday and, I have to say, I LOVE it!
After i got my first fitted diaper a couple months ago, I started to really understand why people were using fitteds and covers. I also started looking at the different cover options. I had a Wonder Wrap PUL cover that was working great. I, however, wanted to know what else was out there.

I had read about the benefits of wool nursing pads and heard a lot about wool as an option for covers. With a tight budget, I was longing for the time when we could afford a wool cover. Lo and behold, I won a $20 gift certificate from Love Lies Here to FiberFidelity. Theresa specializes in handknit wool covers and also has wetbags and legwarmers. This prize had come at a great time! I chose the cover pictured above, a red and blue handknit soaker.

Luckily, when my fluff mail arrived, I had clean fitteds waiting to be used!
James didn't need a fuzzi change but we did it anyway! It fit him perfect (sorry I don't have any pictures with it on him....). I think it makes him feel like a big boy because he can help with diaper changes by pulling the cover up and down. The merino wool is super soft and not at all scratchy like i thought it might be. Very brilliant and vibrant colors! I was really happy with the quality too.

Overall, I'd suggest a wool soaker to everyone! It is extremely easy to use. Now I just need to learn how to lanolize and wash it. More to come on that. Stay tuned as I journey through wool!

Head on over to Fiber Fidelity and give her some Etsy love!

2 comments:

Meg said...

we have the wool love here too!!

I'm following you from the Friday Follow! I would love if you could follow me as well!

http://livinglifeoutnumbered.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your blog!!! Take a look at HaddyGrace Designs, I would be interested in helping with the Fluffy christmas Deal!!!